The City of New York Department of Environmental Protection (NYC DEP) has selected Itineris and its UMAX Customer Information System to provide the utility with a state-of-the-art platform to deliver several key initiatives for its operations and to its citizens
The NYC DEP project was instituted to deliver industry-leading customer service and billing capabilities for NYC DEP’s 836,000 accounts which includes over 9 million residents and their nearly 6,000 employees. UMAX was chosen after an extensive selection process to determine the best solution across NYC DEP’s meter-to-cash, customer service, mobile work management, and business intelligence requirements.
The project had significant goals that were identified in the RFP as critical for the successful operation of the business processes of the agency:
- Transformation of NYC DEP into a leading practice organization with a state of the art, highly configurable, and modern water and sewer billing system that will:
- Enable the implementation of leading/best practices
- Empowerment of end users/Improve overall efficiency
- Meet or exceed customer expectations
- Rate design flexibility
- Improved business analytics
- The ability to leverage additional self-service capabilities to reduce inquiries and reduce turnaround times
- A shift from paper to electronic data
- Automated workflows and queue management
- New bill and enhanced customer experience
- Efficient access to decision making information across the utility department
NYC DEP and Itineris, A Partnership for the Future
In addition to leading the implementation of UMAX, Itineris will supply NYC DEP with on-going product support. DEP is part of a growing UMAX family in North America, and further strengthens our commitment to this key market.
UMAX 365 is built upon the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform and takes advantage of the application for our progressive utility customers.
Some of the benefits demonstrated on UMAX 365 included:
- Faster, more reliable business processes through operations
- A streamlined Customer Service Representative portal (CSR 360) designed for first-call resolution, integration with other key applications and efficient processing.
- More options for customers to interact with the utility in the manner they choose
- Integrated business intelligence solutions utilizing Microsoft SRS and Power BI to deliver actionable information to each user per their specific role requirements.
- Flexibility to adapt to future requirements easily such as rates, service orders, workforce management planning, and much more.
Edgard Vermeersch, CEO and founder of Itineris, comments:
“We are very pleased to partner with NYC DEP to modernize its technology, streamline its operations and provide better service to its customers. We are confident our UMAX 365 solution will enable NYC DEP to transform its business operations based on a flexible and progressive technology platform and provide greater options and information for the citizens of New York.”
About NYC DEP
NYC DEP’s mission is to enrich the environment and protect public health for all New Yorkers by providing high quality drinking water, managing wastewater and stormwater, and reducing air, noise, and hazardous materials pollution. Their vision is to be a world class water and wastewater utility, while building a sustainable future for all New Yorkers, adhering to the core values of safety, integrity, service, diversity, support, transparency, sustainability and innovation.
Under a $1.3 billion budget, it provides more than 1.1 billion US gallons (4,200,000 m3) of water each day to more than 9 million residents (including 8 million in the City of New York) through a complex network of nineteen reservoirs, three controlled lakes and 6,000 miles (9,700 km) of water mains, tunnels and aqueducts. DEP is also responsible for managing the city’s combined sewer system, which carries both storm water runoff and sanitary waste, and fourteen wastewater treatment plants located throughout the city.