- Company Headquarters: Belgium
- Company Size: 1,470 employees
- Industry: Water utility
De Watergroep is one of the largest drinking water companies in the Benelux region. They serve more than 3 million consumers and thousands of companies at 180 municipalities through a distribution network that spans more than 34,000 kilometers.
In 2007, De Watergroep started exploring alternative solutions to replace their legacy CIS.
After extensive benchmarking, De Watergroep chose the Itineris UMAX Customer Information System as the best fit, because our solution:
- is specifically designed for utilities;
- leverages the Microsoft stack, providing a future-proof and secure technology platform;
- is modular and flexible with an open platform technology – allowing De Watergroep to choose their preferred application for asset management, meter data management, customer service, field service, HR, and ERP capabilities.
The implementation of UMAX enabled De Watergroep to further automate and streamline their business processes and to efficiently manage customer care, billing, collections, accounting, and work assignments. Thanks to these improvements, the company can deliver modern, customer-centric services while reducing service costs. During more than 10 years of partnership between Itineris and De Watergroep, the solution has been completed with ERP, asset, and service order management (field service) capabilities.
And the journey continues…
We continue to work closely to support De Watergroep in the technological evolutions and the challenges impacting the water industry. We are currently working on migrating UMAX from a private cloud to a full SaaS solution on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. The goal is to adopt the latest standard solution and best practices allowing De Watergroep to reduce time-to-market for innovation and new platform optimizations and features.