With more than 100,000 members, Dakota Electric is the second largest electric cooperative in Minnesota and ranked among the 25 largest electric distribution cooperatives in the nation.
UMAX replaces Dakota Electric’s legacy system (eCIS) that had reached the end of its operational life. As part of the decision process to replace eCIS, Dakota Electric had the following primary goals:
- Flexibility – improved handling of rate changes, program promotion and enrollment, and member service management
- Integration – a CIS that can integrate and communicate more seamlessly with other key systems including customer selfservice, GIS and metering systems.
- Control – bringing system configuration capabilities and control to Dakota Electric resources to better react and serve its members and internal users.
21st Century Customer Service
Superior customer service is at the heart of everything Dakota Electric does, because its customers are also member-owners of Dakota Electric. Having a single view of the truth became a primary goal, so that every interaction was up to the high standards members had come to expect. With over 105,000 members, Dakota Electric is one of the largest cooperative electric utilities in America.
A Modern Technology Platform
In addition to providing the required capital credits support necessary for successful operation of a cooperative, UMAX is also integrating some of the field staff with a mobile application, via UMAX Field Services. Significant performance improvements are expected with real-time service scheduling, and enhanced management tools to monitor field work.
Partnership for the Future
The Microsoft platform also allows Dakota Electric to choose when they migrate to a cloud implementation.
product & services
- UMAX for electric cooperatives
- Itineris implementation service
- Itineris support services