The Boston Water and Sewer Commission has chosen the UMAX customer information system (CIS) from Itineris to replace its legacy customer service and billing technology, which is vital to
the Commission’s management of meter-to-cash operations, including billing, revenue management, work management and customer service to Commission customers.
The project will upgrade these core business functions from its previous customer information and billing system, built and maintained in-house by the Commission, to the latest version of
UMAX, a modern CIS built on Microsoft’s cutting-edge Dynamics 365® enterprise technology platform.
Boston Water and Sewer Commission will be able to leverage this connectivity to strengthen integrations with other mission critical systems, providing:
- faster, more reliable data movement and visibility throughout Commission departments
- greater flexibility in adapting processes to future business and customer care needs
- improved billing and customer self-service
- new reporting and business intelligence capabilities
- an enhanced user experience for Commission employees
- a streamlined Front Office call center portal designed for first-call resolution
The shared platform also enables the Commission to leverage other Microsoft technology investments it has in place, from the device to the database.
Following the completed project, Itineris will continue its long-term relationship with the Commission, providing UMAX support and maintenance.
- UMAX Mobile Work Management (Service-Link)
- UMAX Customer Self Service (CSS)
- Itineris utility consultancy
- Itineris implementation service
- Itineris support services